I just had my first experience trading in my previous GM model car and trading it in for a new one. And I want to share something I learned! Last weekend, I traded my 2014 Cruze LT for a 2016 Chevy Cruze LT.
I got out of my lease a year early, but I decided it was worth it for a few perks I wanted to have in my life. In my new car, I’ve got Apple Car Play and 24/7. I wrote a separate post about how awesome my new Cruze. But what I want to talk about in this post is about what I learned logging into Chevrolet Owner Center.
- Onstar Welcome Call: One of the first things to do when you take delivery of a new Chevrolet is to complete your Onstar Welcome Call.
- Create an Onstar Account: I didn’t need to do this, because I had an Onstar account I had created with my previous Cruze. But, if you didn’t create an Onstar account with your previous GM vehicle at Onstar.Com or via your Onstar Remote Link app, then you will need to use your new Onstar account number to do so. (Your Onstar advisor can give this to you during the Welcome Call, or it will come in your first Onstar email.) Create a user name and password.
- Login to the Chevrolet Owner Center: Visit My.Chevrolet.com and use your Onstar username and password to login. I took delivery of my new Cruze 6 days ago and finally got around to logging in today. To my delight, a window popped up with a picture of my new car titled “Welcome to MyChevrolet Owner SetUp.”
- Click on “Get started” to customize your Wi-Fi hotspot username and password and ensure your advanced diagnostic notifications.
- Learn to pair (or re-pair) your bluetooth device
- Practice sending a navigation route to your car via Onstar Guidance.
- Discover ways to use the MyChevrolet app.
- Track your vehicle’s warranty, as well as be notified if your vehicle has a recall and keep all your service records in one place.
- There’s so much more you can do and learn at your Chevrolet Owner Center, such as watch how to videos about your vehicle’s features, flip through your owner’s manual.