Don’t you hate it when your friends don’t listen to you? I do! Especially, when the information you share is helpful to them.
I visited my best friend Stacey in Traverse City recently. Heading to a yoga class Sunday morning, we rode in her 2015 Chevy Cruze LS she leased from me last summer.
I noticed the “Change Oil Soon” alert on her DIC (Driver Information Center) screen, driving into town. I’m like… “Stacey, I’ve never seen this alert come up before. I wonder how much oil you actually have left.” I reached over from the passenger seat to scroll through her DIC menu. She had 18K+ miles on the car. And the remaining oil life? ZERO! She literally had 0 percent remaining oil life!
I said, “Stacey, you can’t be driving this car without any oil!” She retorted that she’s been busy, plus oil changes are expensive; it cost $50 the previous two times she took the Cruze to her mechanic, she told me. “What?!” I gasped! “Stacey, you have a brand new leased Chevrolet. Your only mechanic is a GM dealer and your oil changes are free! The Chevy dealer will shuttle you to work and back so they can do the oil change while you’re at work. I told you this so many times!”
How could this happen? My best friend — a busy single mom — who I really wanted to make sure she took advantage of her new car free perks — had payed for her last two oil changes. Despite the fact that I told her several times about the free scheduled maintenance — in person, at delivery, over the phone, via text and email and even in snail mail. Still, she had somehow missed the part where she gets free oil changes.
It makes me wonder…If my own friends aren’t listening to me about their free scheduled maintenance, how are my other customers are handling their vehicle’s service needs?
So please, let me remind you: Chevrolet 2-Year Scheduled Maintenance coverage is included with the purchase or lease of new 2014 and newer Chevrolet models.
Chevrolet 2-Year Scheduled Maintenance includes only the following:
- 2-year/24,000-mile Scheduled Maintenance (whichever comes first; up to a total of two service events for ’16 models, or 4 service events for ’14 and ’15 models):
- ACDelco dexos1®Oil and ACDelco Oil Filter Change (excludes Spark EV)
- 4-wheel Tire Rotation (excludes dual rear wheel vehicles, all Corvette models and select Camaro models – ZL1 model and 1LE package cars – due to their unidirectional tires; see Owner’s Manual for details)
- 27-Point Vehicle Inspection (MPVI)
It’s also worth noting that a new Chevrolet comes with the free 5 Years Roadside Assistance Program
Chevrolet is proud to offer the response, security and convenience of the 24-Hour Roadside Assistance Program. Roadside Assistance is provided with all purchased or leased GM vehicles that are within the Powertrain Limited Warranty (5 years/100K miles on ’14 and ’15 models or 5 yeasr/60K miles on ’16 models).
- Emergency Towing (from a public road or highway to nearest Chevrolet dealer)
- Lockout Service (keys locked inside vehicle)
- Flat Tire Changes (service to change a flat tire with the spare tire (if equipped))
- Fuel Delivery (enough fuel for vehicle to get to the nearest service station)
- Jump-Starts (service to jumpstart a dead battery
Contact a Chevrolet Roadside Assistance Program advisor at 1-800-243-8872 OR push the blue Onstar Button and say “Roadside.” (Even if your Onstar trial is over or your Onstar account is inactive, you can still call Roadside this way.)
Find me on my Facebook page – She Sells Cars